Order Of Merit
Order Of Merit
The Order of Merit (OOM) competition proved a popular initiative in 2019. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we were unable to complete the 2020 event, however, 2021 is up an running and I am sure that members will be monitoring progress as the season evolves.
The OOM is conducted across the monthly events, commencing with our January event and concluding with the November event. OOM Prizes will be distributed at our final event of the year in December.
Each month points will be awarded to all participants; firstly on a sliding scale down to 30th position with 200 points going to each of the best scores on the day, with points then allocated, on a sliding scale down to 11 points for 30th position. All other participants will receive an allocation of 10 points.
- No count-backs are used in the allocation of points in the OOM
- From 2021 onwards, there will be no additional points for grade winners.
- From 2021 the OOM scoring will be automatically generated and the overall scoring will be available in One Golf within a day or so of each round. When you log into One Golf you will see an Order of Merit button, on your home screen, where you can check progress.
- The minimum points that any player in the top 30 will receive is 11.
- Members must play at least 6 monthly events to be eligible for the annual prizes with their top eight points only being counted towards the the final OOM results.
Positions on the OOM table will also be used to select players to represent Hume Vets in the annual VVGA Teams Event in September.
Go to One Golf and select Order of Merit to display the latest standings or click on the link below.
2020 - Cancelled
Due to COVID-19 there were insufficient games played to enable completion of the 2020 Order of Merit.
Final Results 2019
The Yarrambat round in November saw the finalisation of the 2019 Order of Merit. Full, final standings, in each of the age categories, are available by selecting the appropriate button below. Winners in the Various categories are:
55 to 65 Age Group - Peter Turner, from Kooringal, is the winner with a total of 662 points (with the maximum 8 counting rounds). Peter finished 145 points ahead of the runner-up Alan Moloney.
66 - 70 Age Group - Brian Smith, from Northern, wins this category with 566 points (again with the maximum 8 counting scores), finishing 49 points ahead of Frank Cuthbertson.
71 to 75 Age Group - Kerry Bayly, from Kooringal, is the winner with 517 points (from only 7 counting rounds). Kerry was unable to play the last round at Yarrambat and had a nervous wait to see if runner-up Terry How could bridge the gap. However, Terry was unable to do this, finishing just 19 points behind Kerry in the end.
76 Plus Age Group and Overall - Mario Silvio, Northern, led this category from the beginning of the year and never looked like being caught. Mario finished with 974 points to finish well clear of the second placed James Fernandez with 662.
Congratulations to all of the winners - Prizes will be distributed at our end of year game at Melbourne Airport in December.
For all enquiries please contact us email@example.com